|“||Kelpies. Lizardmen. Maybe trolls. No creature is too big for the family business||”|
—Sherman, to Lucas after the latter became an Exorcist.
Sherman Federico Mercedes
Candelaria Mercedes (Mother)
Calling a crossbow "only for the untrained"
Sherman Mercedes is a primary character featured in Exorcists. He is a close childhood friend of Lucas Throne and an active Exorcist hunting down the Eldritch in Angel Peak since he was 15. His mother is known for owning the Desperado Hypermarket, an outlandish superstore that the locals say doesn't even fit with Angel Peak's rustic terrain.
Unbeknownst to most people, he hails from the dreaded Mercedes family of wizard assassins who have garnered notoriety among the Fae. His family operates without their influence after his grandfather’s desertion out of guilt and remorse.
Sherman comes across as a young man of charismatic and attractive nature, standing at average height with a slender and athletic build. He has olive complexion, brown eyes, and his dark brown is tied to a low, short pony-tail. In most of his appearances, Sherman rarely makes an appearance without his trademark dark blue neck scarf, which he dubs it as his "lucky charm".
Sherman wears a fitting brown bomber jacket having minimal features of metallic gray, such as the lines across the lapel and buttons, with a sand-brown shirt being worn underneath it.
|“||Do you think you're feeling lucky, pendejo?||”|
—Sherman, when confronting an enemy he personally weakened with his shots
|“||Who says crossbows are only for the untrained?||”|
—Sherman boasting about his proficiency in his crossbow.
Aquila: Sherman uses an Ottoman crossbow as his main weapon of choice. As Aquila makes no sound upon firing, Sherman can use this advantage to either eliminate a target from a vantage point unseen or ignored by most enemies or create nifty distractions to give his allies the opportunity to intervene without enemy presence. Sherman can also wield it as a blunt weapon when enemies get too close for him to launch.
The crossbow has been enchanted by an ancestor of the Mercedes family, allowing its current wielder to channel his magic through Rune Bolts; specialized ammo etched with magic runes that unleash an assortment of effects upon firing.
Rune Bolts: A variety of crossbow bolts carved with magic runes to increase its effectiveness, allowing Sherman to disrupt enemies or support his allies from a distant.
- Miasma: These bolts are laced with a special substance that releases miasma within a short radius. Anyone within range is subjected to hallucinations, including Sherman himself if he's not careful. The enchanted runes increase the effectiveness of the miasma that it can affect certain magical creatures, such as goblins or Trolls.
- Gunpowder: These bolts explode upon contact, inflicting serious damage on affected enemies that any burns received will worsen them. Can also be used for diversionary purposes, attracting anyone within an earshot to where the shot has been made.
- Stasis: An arrow that splits itself into multiple, smaller darts that form a pattern upon hitting their mark. Anyone crossing over the mark will be left immobilized until the marks have been disturbed.
- Frost: ....
Powers & Abilities
Peak Physical Condition:
- Circinus: Imbues the next five shots with wind magic to bounce off surfaces and hitting multiple enemies caught in their range.
- Durability: Sherman's role as a marksman makes him ill-suited in facing close-quarters combat, guaranteed to be the first one knocked out if an enemy managed to drive him into a corner.
- Killer Instinct: ....
- Limited Ammunition: ....