Darlene is the daughter of Lind L. Tailor, who swore on his grave she'd find and kill Kira for targeting him. She joined the Kira investigation with this goal in mind and worked closely with L, until their separation and her eventual suicide.
This page is not free to edit.
Though she starts out motivated, Darlene eventually decides the Kira case has become too complicated and states "Anyone of you could have killed my father! I'll never find out who killed who, so I'm gone!", abandoning the case. Darlene went on to focus on another open case; unmasking the JigSaw Killer, about whom she could only conclude that his name was a misnomer, as he theoretically killed nobody and only sets up challenges for his victims that'll kill them if they fail the instructions.
When she learns Kira acquired many followers and was being protected, Darlene believed she had lost her only chance to avenger her father and committed suicide by taking an opiate overdose and dropping out of her bedroom window.
Mello, having witnessed her kill herself and knowing his friend Matt was dead because of this mess, spiraled into extreme depression, which also took his will to live.
At Darlene's funeral, her little sister Joy cited that "Darlene was a prick, and a bitch, but I wouldn't trade her for anyone else in the world..." and walked away.
Darlene is a visible nuisance and often rambles about how L could pass as "emo", which visibly annoys him. She has evidently impaired vision and has to wear glasses whenever she reads anything or examines a corpse.
During her free time she listens to music. She portrays high interest in the victoriandustrial and violindustral genre.
She considers Emilie Autumn to be her Idol and "musical god" (though she is a Christian and does not worship Autumn as a literal god) and often dresses as she does; dying her hair in elaborate colors. She is primarily gothic and often referred to as "emo" because of her attire.
- Darlene is voiced by Satsuki Yukino in the Japanese Death Note, Lucinda Taylor in the English dub, and Emanuela Pacotto in the Italian dub.
- Darlene owns a harpsichord, electric violin and a piano.
- According to the creator of Darlene, it was not difficult to create her, since she was made from plot holes and unmentioned details.
- After seeing the second episode of Death Note, it occurred to the creator that Lind L. Tailor and herself nearly had the same surname and it would be clever to link them by creating Darlene.
- The main inspiration for Darlene was Nina Fortner from the anime series Monster.
- The creator was busy making Youtube videos about Saw's Jigsaw around the same time she created Darlene, explaining why the character is mentioned in her story.