|“||The eon of Aeon has come!!||”|
|“||Even if the stars had devoured them, the horrors of the magic they wrought to my world into its current state, awakened my senses.||”|
Superior of the Stars (Pantheon accolade)
Late 50's (Physically)
Earth (A.R. No. 111006)
Salt and pepper
Armando Vidal (Father, deceased)
Aeon (Real Name: "Faustino Vidal") is the main antagonist of Riftwalkers. Posing as the self-assured CEO of the Spanish watchmaking conglomerate, Pantheon, Aeon is also its leader in its role as an interdimensional organization dedicated to siphoning and conquering other worlds rich in magical energies for his nefarious machinations. He seeks to use the apocalyptic Dimensional Convergence to his advantage in gaining interdimensional control of all the realms.
Aeon is half Goetian, a race of elvish aliens relying on stellar energies as their source of magic and living. He is the father of Melquiades Vidal.
Aeon comes across as a tall, physically well-built man of pale complexion in his 50's. He has been described by admirers of his products as "easy on the eyes". His salt-and-pepper hair is maintained in a formal, neck-length fashion and he mostly seen wearing a pair of shades, which cover his otherworldly golden eyes as indication of his hybrid lineage.
Indicators of his arcane side include the aforementioned pale skin and curved markings on his upper back, shoulders, and cheeks, which the latter has been unabashedly commented by Aeon as "weird birthmarks". He also has pointed ears.
|“||I shall remake this world and all others beyond its veil into one universe where magic does not have the say on who gets to live and who doesn't.||”|
—Aeon's cataclysmic goal
He has a morbid fixation in recording the time when a tragedy or death happens. He keeps a notebook where he jots down the exact period of every misfortune that happened in his lifetime. It was developed as his means of coping in a harsh world facing the brink of near-catacylsm at the hands of the Arcane Order. Aeon's obsession takes it even further upon killing, where he writes not only the time and date of the person he has recently killed but also the method employed and their last words. He was rather disappointed when he is unable to jot down the exact time he killed Gunmar, knowing that time i either different or nonexistent in the Darklands.
Powers & Abilities
|“||You cannot eclipse one that has been part of the cosmos, you mangy statue.||”|
—Aeon to a berserk Armadura
- Enhanced Strength: Aeon killed a Troll slave by choking him until his grip shattered his neck. He was able to leave Jamie in a near-crippled condition after landing a series of punches directed at his open spots. He can even kick someone so hard that they rebound into the air upon being hit on the ground. Aeon was capable of going toe-to-toe with the Gunmar of his timeline in their duel during his conquest to claim the Darklands, although their fight created Achilles' Heels located in his lower back, left shoulder, and left wrist.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Aeon casually reacts to and evade enemy strikes with ease, intercept projectiles then send them flying back at those who launched them first, and perfectly block enemy attacks within his reach.
- Enhanced Durability: ....
- Longevity: ....
Astral Magic: As half-Goetian, Aeon was born with the capability of harnessing magic of celestial origin, which he eventually became a master of it after being taught by his late mother then his own terms as time went own.
- Cosmic Wave: Creates a surge of energy with a snap of his fingers that pushes back enemies away from him.
- Starlight Volley (Incantation: "Astralis fusiladus"): Bombards enemies with a barrage of starlight projectiles.
- Cosmic Field (Incantation: "Inlustris, sordes aspectu"): Converts a wide radius across the area into a field of stars that defies logic, giving Aeon the power to bend reality into his whim as long he stays within the area of the converted field.
- Time Stop (Incantation: "Infinitum in manu mea!"): Aeon's strongest spell as well as his most taxing.
Swordsmanship: Aeon is an accomplished swordsman who pressures his enemies into revealing their weak spots as they attempt to damage him. To compensate for his three weak spots, Aeon's fighting style is rather slow and appears predictable to an unsuspecting opponent, which actually emphasizes on assailing his enemies upon close range.
His swordplay implements measures which makes his opponents lose their balance, giving him the opportunity to assault a barrage of power blows and fierce slashes designated to overwhelm defensive measures. The ferocity of Aeon's swordsmanship has the tendency to leave opponents rendered incapable of counterattacks.
- Magic Depletion: Even with his Goetian heritage, Aeon can exhaust his magical reserves if he overuses his spells. Once depleted, Aeon is considerably weakened, even with his skill in swordmanship.
- Field Boundary: Whenever Aeon casts his Cosmic Field spell, one can cancel it out by pushing the tyrant away from area's boundaries, freeing themselves from his reality-warping control in the process. He cannot control anything being thrown at him that came from an area unaffected by the spell.
- Time Stop: Aeon's Time Stop